The cost of a funeral comprises the total of Our Charges plus any relevant Disbursements (charges paid on your behalf).
The Direct Funeral option includes the disbursements stated.
The total cost of the Funeral Director’s charges is calculated by adding the Coffin price (as selected) to the charges for the Professional Services, Provision of the Hearse and Bearers and Removal of the Deceased to the Chapel of Rest, along with any other charges which may affect you.Download 2016 Price List
A FULL WRITTEN ESTIMATE IS ALWAYS PROVIDED BEFORE THE FUNERAL.
Our Professional Charges include:-
- Advice and information regarding Registration of the death.
- Arranging a date and time for the funeral, according to your instructions. We will contact the church, cemetery or crematorium and/or the person who will be conducting the service, to arrange a mutually convenient date and time.
- Advising on all necessary paperwork and procedures.
- Dealing with all necessary paperwork to enable burial or cremation to take place.
- Use of the Chapel of Rest and Chapel Visits (by appointment) We do not usually make an extra charge for visits at the evening or weekend.
- Placing notices in local and/or national newspapers (the cost of such publication being a disbursement.)
- Arranging for catering at a venue of your choice following the Funeral. (At our Bridport Office we have a function room next to the Service Chapel, where refreshments can be provided by us or yourselves).
- Arranging special musical requests for the funeral service, such as a cds, a soloist, piper or choir.
- Liaising with the officiant regarding the Order of Service (if required).
- Recording the names of those attending the funeral in order to provide you with a list afterwards (although this is not usually possible for a Service straight to the Crematorium).
- Ordering floral tributes on behalf of the deceased’s family.
- Acceptance and care for floral tributes delivered to our premises prior to the funeral and delivery to a local Hospital or Nursing/Residential Home after the Service, if required.
- Accepting donations for nominated charities in lieu of flowers on your behalf, providing a list of those who have donated after the Funeral and administering funds direct to the Charities.
- Collection and care of the cremated remains (Ashes) in accordance with your wishes.